- Every user has the right to use archives on equal terms with all
- Public archives according to regulations, become accessible to the
public 30 years after their date of origin, but they also may become
available before the expiration of the set limit, if the records were
from the beginning intended for public use or if their creator approved
the records for early release when they were acquired by the Archives.
- Public archives containing information referring to the defense, international
relations, economic interest of the state and affairs of national security,
and whose publication would cause harmful consequences for national
security or to the national interest of the Republic of Croatia, become
accessible for public use 50 years after their date of origin, if separate
regulations do not determine otherwise.
- Public archives referring to personal data (register of births, marriages
and deaths, medical documentation, personal files, juridical, tax, financial
files etc.) become accessible 70 years after their date of origin, if
separate regulations do not determine otherwise, or, respectively 100
years after the birth of the person to whom the records refer.
- Creators whose activities caused the emergence of the records in the
first place are allowed to use the archival records without any restrictions,
but only for the purpose of activities originally intended for those